3 Home Updates To Invest In
When making updates to your home, you want to feel assured that the improvements you are making will maximize the return on the sale. Out of the hundreds of renovations you can make to a home, we highlighted only 3 below with the average return on resale (source: HGTV).
Minor Bathroom Remodel
Average return at resale: 102%*
Does the thought of a full bathroom demolition have you feeling kind of queasy? No worries! Making minor updates to your bathroom can benefit you greatly! Here are some tips to help you get brainstorming:
- Replace the tub
- Remove old title and either replace or apply a new coat of paint – preferably neutral
- To create illusion of space – remove dated shower doors
- Update fixtures
Major Kitchen Remodel
Average return at resale: 91%*
A kitchen is often the heart of the home! It is a place where everyone gathers multiple times throughout the day. This is a space that can really shine and get you a large return at resale. In many cases, it is worth it to spend extra to do a full remodel.
- Remove dated over-counter cabinets to make room feel more open
- Stainless steel appliances
- Granite countertops
- Cabinets with hidden storage space
Family Room Addition
Average return at resale: 83%*
Did you know a sunroom counts in the home’s square footage only when the room is heated and cooled for year-round use. If your home is feeling a little cramped and you have the room to expand, a family room addition is a great option!
- Make addition seamless to the rest of the house
- French doors or a wide interior doorway makes the space inviting